Had a great new years party with the awesome family and friends.
Mike and I spent the day grocery shopping, cleaning, and then in the kitchen all afternoon. I love cooking with Mike, he is so helpful and such a great cook.
On the menu for the night was roasted pork loin, beanie weenies in a blanket, spicy hummus, homemade pita chips, vegetable tray full of carrots, celery (which was apparently just the right texture and excellent), grape tomatoes, twice baked potatoes, beer bread (which I love), rotel dip, rice crispies, and cheesecake. So I don’t think anybody went hungry!
I didn’t realize how much alcohol was at my house last night until I started cleaning up. Bacardi Razz, Bacardi Gold, Amaretto, Segrahm’s Seven, Scotch, Vodka, Disaronno, and many different assortments of beer, Asti, Yellow tail champaign, and some wine, so everyone had a good time.
Apples to Apples and Kings
Is the game we spent a couple of hours playing. Jacob Bernard Rules of Kings:
1. Cards 1-8 if they are red you take that many drinks and if the card is black you give that many drinks.
2. 9: make a rhyme and everyone else has to make a rhyme with your word.
3. 10: categories
4. Jacks: all the men drink
5. Queens: all the ladies drink
6. Kings: get to make a rule (say wishy washy after everything you say or my favorite you cannot say drink, drank, or drunk). These rules got to be kind of ridiculous but fun throughout the night!
Thank goodness for alarms being set on phones so we didn’t miss the new year! Champaign, kisses, and a little bit of yelling brought in the new year with the Loud Family.
Had random people partying at the neighbors house wonder into our yard. The Rules of meeting a stranger on new years in the front yard were established last night by Colt:
1. Don’t ever give your real name
2. Teach someone how to do a proper handshake (no limp wrist and be firm but don’t crush the other person’s hand)
3. Drag as much information out of them as possible: about their life, careers, where they live, and relationship status
4. Make sure they don’t ash in your yard
5. Tell them you don’t believe in drinking alcohol, while holding a beer
And then to finish the night off you have to have some fabulous YouTube videos displayed on the tv. Check out the series Guy on a Buffalo and Nature Walk! Hilarious, but don’t blame me if you have this song stuck in your head for the rest of the day!
guy on a buffalo and