So match day for the class of 2013 has come and gone! DO and MD match. Does this mean that the real countdown to the end of medical school has begun?
So many fourth years tell you to enjoy your third year because fourth year becomes a pile of paperwork. All I have to say is thank goodness for e-mail and apps that convert a picture to a pdf. When setting up audition rotations I think I have been asked for everything except my signature in blood:
1. Letter of Good Standing from School
2. A copy of Medical School Transcript
3. Letter from Department Head, Indicating applicant and dates of rotation
4. Medical Malpractice Insurance
5. Driver’s License and/or Passport
6. CPR/BLS Certificate
7. Background Check
8. Your Full SS#
9. Your Date of birth
10. Immunization record
11. TB test results
12. Short biography (who you are? where you went to undergraduate? family status? future practice interest? hobbies? favorite activities? what do you like about their state/program/school?)
13. Do you need housing? (at least they want to make sure you have a place to live)
I am sure that this list will get bigger as my rotations get closer and more EMRs go live at different locations.
Eight weeks of rotations left of third year. Guess I really do have to make up my mind what I want to be when I grow up.