So I am not one to do chain letters or chain e-mails, let alone a chain blog, but I thought this sounded like it could be a challenge for me to get through.
What better way to get through a study break, or more than one study break trying to figure out words that describe something about me, places I would like to visit, or something that interest me. The http://barefootmeds.wordpress.com/ has nominated “everyone who enjoys this world of blogs” for the ABC (Awesome Blog) Content Award.
1. Share something about yourself using each letter of the alphabet
2. Pay the award forward to however many
- Alaska: I want to visit here, my husband wants to be able to fly in the Alaskan terrain. This might be a fun place to live during the summer, practice medicine, and both of us work lots. Our “children” would get to see what it really means to live off the land.
- Believer in Jesus Christ. My life has been a journey of searching for what I believe in. Just because I don’t spend my life preaching about the Bible doesn’t mean I am not a christian, it just means that I am still learning and looking for the place in this world that I belong.
- Country girl: born and raised in rural Oklahoma. You can take the girl out of the country, but you can’t take the country out of the girl. I can’t wait until we can move back to the country, have land, be able to drive a couple minutes to get somewhere. I can’t wait until it takes us an hour or so to get to a big city.
- Duroy: my last name, I think it is a strong last name. I think a pretty great man gave it to me.
- Energetic: I try to keep my energy up. Medical school has made it lack some. Sometimes this thing called medical school takes all the energy and life I have to get through it, but it will be worth it someday.
- Friend: I will stand by you through thick and thin. Investing myself in my friendships are the kinds of friends that I want. I don’t need lots of friends, I just need real ones.
- Guinevere: what my name actually means
- Happy: I see no point in being mad, sad, or angry. Live, learn, and get over it. Tears make my face look puffy and ugly. Everyone will be happier and healthier that way. Plus, doesn’t a smile always make you or anyone you smile at happy.
- Interrupt: sometimes I don’t know when to shut my mouth, so you might need to interrupt me to get a word in.
- Joyful: I am joyful and thankful for everything that has happened in my life and for everyone that is in my life.
- Kind: I agree with Ellen’s philosophy “Be Kind to Everyone”
- Laugh: I like to laugh and I really like to laugh out loud but don’t do it much
- Married to the love of my life, my high school sweetheart, my best friend
- Not so average: I wouldn’t call myself above average or below average, I just don’t think I fit into the category of average.
- Outspoken: enough said?
- Pearls: I like pearls a lot, the jewelry, pearls of wisdom, really anything the color pearl
- Quilts: My grandmother makes these. She made Mike and I a very special one as a wedding gift. Something I want to learn how to do! I have a sewing machine. That is the first step. Oh, I have also put quilt blocks together before and I can make awesome baby blankets.
- Runner: I miss running 4-7 miles everyday, maybe I just miss getting new shoes every 3 months?
- Sugar bear: what my grandmother has called me since I can remember
- Tenacious: I use this word to describe myself because one of the most amazing woman that I knew, Shelly Weems, used this word to describe me. I think she was right on.
- Unknown: the unknown is scary and exciting at the same time.
- Vegetables: I am not a vegetarian or anything close to it, but I love vegetables. I don’t know if there is a vegetable that I have met that I don’t like.
- Weight: something that I struggle with.
- Xerox machines: probably shouldn’t let me use these because they normally break while I am the operator.
- Yoga: makes me feel great, energized, and flexible. I love this yoga website: YogaGlo.com
Enough said about me. Time to get back to the world of books and study guides. I hope any of my blog followers and friends will do this too!